Monday, November 16, 2009

Before I say I Do....Pt 2

Before I say I DO! Before I walk her down the aisle, before I even date her,
before I start screaming at the top of my voice for her add me a glass of water.
Before I can tell the whole world that this is the love of my life whom am proud of!
Before our relationship takes a wrong turn.
Before she decides or I decide to walk away from the relationship,

there are a few things that if I will follow would build my relationship, save my relationship or even create a better relationship.

KNOWLEDGE
Understanding her culture and everything about her. When we get into a relationship, we all got junk from our previous relationships with friends and family alike. Knowlegde helps create a new constitution to guide our relationship.

PATIENCE
Sometimes we are inexperienced to handle relationship based problems. There is need to be patient with our partners as it helps build maturity levels in our relationships.

LISTENING.
There is a reason why we have two ears and one mouth. Listening to each other in the relationship builds a stronger relationship. Its the basic model of communication.

FORGIVENESS
With our egos saying "Sweety AM SORRY. It wont happen again" is a challenge. We want to keep grudges, we want anger to pile up. When under such its advisable to forgive and mean it by forgetting it. Forgiveness is the gateway to a better relationship. We aint perfect!FORGIVE n FORGET.

OPENNESS.
Being open helps develop the union. It helps clear the junk we have from the previous relationships. It fosters communication between partners.
Email
So people, try this five out and see how its going to build ur relationships.
Remember one thing though...BEFORE U SAY I DO...THINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment