Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HERE I STAND

A conundrum of effervescent thoughts,
pungent fumes choke my respiratory system.
Asphyxia, yes asphyxia from sin choke up my new life.
The germinating seed withers unwillingly,
its xylem and phloem, victims to viral infighting.

Pale skin shade, melanin in my body an endangered species,
my shadow feint in the strong midday sun.
Cracks on my skin, my ribs countable from the loosely held skin.
I yawn.. A sign of hunger, hunger yet I have the ingredients to fill myself up.

Who am I? Lord, Who am I?
Look at me, I belong to the Abyss.
Who am I? Lord Who am I?
Your Son? Not me Lord. Am more worse than Jezebel.
But You came for me just as I are.
Dirty, lethargic and smelly because of my sin.
And You say, Come as you are.

Here Lord at You Cross I stand,
at Your cross where Your body was sacrificed,
and Your innocent blood shed that my sins were washed away,
Here at the empty tomb I stand,
where You gave us victory over death by Your resurrection.
Here I stand,
my forehead engraved FORGIVEN

No comments:

Post a Comment