Thursday, April 1, 2010

REST AT LAST

Its a few hours to dawn-break,
after a night consisting of nightmares and restlessness,
a night of insecurity to my sleep,
a night of expectations, dashed by my own flesh and blood,
a night that I sweated to my intestines.
A night of uncertainty and fear all through,

in a few hours the day breaks,
the owls and bats scamper to hide from the light for darkness is there refuge.
The dew will lay on the grass,
and the young hoppers would sip fresh clean water.
In a few hours the sun will rise in the horizon.
The golden rays of the sun coloring the sky, a perfect ambiance.
In a few seconds the Sunbird will sing,
the horn-bill will howl and the cock crow.
I will open my eyes to a brand new day,
a brand new hour with brand new blessings.
Even though my past still follows me,
with echoes of the voices of hope and concern alike..
Whispers in my auditory canal about the person in me.

Maybe this wasn't Your plan,
or it is Your master plan,
Maybe this is Your way of life,
I don't know coz am still learning about living Your way.
And even though my hope in You at best is below low...
My faith at best is weaker than weak itself,
am still hopeful in You and faithful to You.
In You am rest assured to find peace,
In You am rest assured that I will find rest, rest in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment