Thursday, April 1, 2010

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW III

She sits patiently on her bed facing outside,
her smile brightens as the sparrow draws near to her window,
she stretches her hand to feed it,
and am overjoyed to watch the tense but calm bird enjoy the crumbs from her hand,

her face remains bright,
even as the sky is infected with blight,
her fright notwithstanding her ambition to take the flight to her destiny.
She is hopeful all through,
cheerful like a new born mother,
she cuddles her heart in her arms,
and lulls her fears to sleep,
she closes her eyes with a sigh.
To her, a day worth that rest.

I admire her,
her personality strikes me,
her beauty attracts me,
her kindness comforts me,
her love,
I wanna be part of her everyday life,
she amazes me, with her amazing selflessness,

I see her everyday outside my window,
and each day has a different tale to tell,
and when I look up to see her eyes closed,
silently and deep asleep,
I marvel, she is peaceful,
and that smile rekindles memories,
and starts a new journey,
outside my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment